Friday Thoughts is a space used to share thoughts that don’t fit into any other post. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions as well.
- I can’t stop thinking about what happened in Vegas. It’s only been 2 weeks since the shooting took place and there’s already a major decrease in the amount of news coverage. It makes my heart sad that what Jimmy Kimmel said is probably true; we grieve for a little while and then we move on until something happens again and we question why things haven’t changed. How is that something so huge is no longer a focus? Is it that shootings have become so common that they are our new normal? Makes me queasy to my stomach to think about.
- On a lighter note, I’m heading to Calgary this weekend to hang out with my friends, Jo and Ryan. Remember them? The three of us were inseparable during the craziest parts of our lives. I haven’t seen Jo or Ryan in over a year and I am super excited to see them again. We are going for lunch and then spending the afternoon skipping around downtown together ha ha
- This week, we wrapped up our last class of Mama & Baby-lates. This class is a great way to involve baby while working on those core muscles that may have weakened during pregnancy. Andrea is an amazing instructor and does a great job of entertaining babies who want to move around or get a little fussy during class. You can find out more information about this class ( and other Pilates classes) here.
- In other Leah news, all in one week she managed to master crawling, pull herself up and cut her first tooth. This morning she decided she only needs to hang onto things with one hand. Chris has a hunch that our little daredevil will be walking by Christmas. God help me LOL.
- Finally, you may have noticed that I haven’t blogged in a while and as it turns out, it’s not just me. A good handful of blogs that I used to follow have either been taken down or (like myself) haven’t had any new posts in a while. It made me wonder if blogging is even still a thing? I know for myself, it’s a time issue. Now that Leah seems to be on a more consistent nap schedule ( more to come on that), it feels a little more possible to get back to writing. I have a list of post ideas that I can’t wait to share with you but if there is something you would like to see, let me know!
Okay, that’s all I have for today. I hope you have a great weekend!