Happy Groundhog Day! Is Groundhog Day something that’s even celebrated? I’m not sure or if I believe in the whole shadow or no shadow theory. I’ve never seen the movie Groundhog Day either.
Anyway, I am linking up with Amanda’s TOL today. You can read Amanda’s post on the concept here and You can read my first TOL post here.
1. I spent some time in the hospital on Monday. I called my Dr. Monday morning to ask about some symptoms ( or lack of) that I was having. To my surprise, my Dr suggested I go to the labor and delivery floor of the hospital to get checked out.
My blood pressure was checked along with babies fetal movements. Thankfully, everything was normal and I was discharged within an hour. I always expected the labor and delivery floor to be filled with screams of anguish that would place fear in any mother to be. This is the second time I have visited the floor ( the first with our prenatal class) and on both occasions, the floor seemed really calm about quite.
2. We received an awesome care package this week. My Aunt and Uncle sent us a package which had lots of goodies for our baby girl, some chocolates for me ( they know me SO well) and even some gifts for Jaxon! The football has quickly become Jaxon’s favorite toy. He plays with it from the moment he wakes up until we go to bed.. he even brings it to bed! Thank you Ed and Shar!
3. We braved the cold to do maternity photos this past weekend. If you read my previous posts, you know that I was debating whether to do maternity photos. We booked with Tawnya after I fell in love with her photos on her website and Instagram feed. I went to Union Salon for my hair and makeup because I have been feeling self-conscious with bloating/weight gain/ all the hormones. We had a great session with Tawyna despite the crazy wind, me losing a set of eyelashes and Tawnya locking her keys in her car! I can’t wait to see the rest of our photos and do our newborn photos with her.
4. I had my nails done for the first time in forever. I have been a nail bitter for years and years, terrible I know. I made a deal with myself that if kicked the habit, I would reward myself with a manicure. My nails have been growing so fast that they look already look like they need to be redone ( it’s only been two weeks). I’m kind of excited to get them redone #afeellikealady.
5. I need to figure out a gift for Chris for Valentines Day. Valentines Day has a special meaning to Chris and I. We went on our first date on Feb 14th ( 3 years ago) so we try to do something special to celebrate the day. A couple of years ago, I did a week of Valentine’s based on the book The 5 Love Languages. This year, Chris is planning something planned for the evening but I still want to get him. Any suggestions?
I am working on a post for my January favorites so make sure you come back for that! What do you have planned for the weekend? Any big Superbowl plans? My girlfriends and I are going for brunch on Sunday (so not football related) but I will probably still check out the halftime show.