Time for another Christmas post because why not!?! I saw this Christmas challenge on a blog that I follow and I thought it would be fun to play along. I’d love to hear your answers so feel free to comment below! (note: number 2 is supposed to be for the present year)
1. Favorite Christmas Movie: Serendipity. Does that even count as a Christmas movie? It’s based around a missing glove and set in the Winter. I’m counting it.
2. Your 2016 Christmas List: I really couldn’t think of anything I ‘need’ so I offered up our baby registry on Babies R Us as an option for things to buy. I received a new camera & 50mm lens as early birthday/Christmas gift which I already feel extremely lucky to have.
3. When did you learn Santa isn’t real: I can’t remember how old I was but I remember my sister telling me that she caught my Dad sneaking into her room filling her pillow case. I think that’s when I first knew something was up.
4. Favorite Christmas Song: 1984 version of Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas”. I know it’s sort of a sad song but I think it’s my favorite because it always was on at Christmas when I was little.
5. Best Gift You Ever Received: I don’t know if it was the best gift I ever received, but it definitely made for a good story. When I was a pre- teen, all I wanted was a stereo system. My parents knew I was notoriously bad for routing through presents before Christmas day so they played a little trick on me. We opened presents on Christmas morning like usual. I was heartbroken when my stereo wasn’t under the tree. During Christmas dinner, my parents announced that they had forgotten a gift and out came my stereo. I spent most of the day sad that I hadn’t gotten the one gift I asked for but I was sure happy after it showed up.
6. Favorite Treat Ornament: I don’t have one.
7. Most Memorable Christmas: oh gosh, I don’t know. Maybe 2014 because it was the first time we hosted Christmas and I ( somehow) nailed the turkey!( I credit this Gordon Ramsey recipe ).
8. Post a picture of Christmas Decor: It didn’t say it had to be MY Christmas decor. #goals
9. Easiest Person To Buy For: Anyone who provides a list! Trying to guess what someone would want is the worst! There is no shame in saying exactly what you want and would actually use.
10. Favorite Holiday Scent: My all time favorite has to be Young Living Christmas Spirit oil. If I can’t get my hands on a bottle ( like this year), my go-to candle is Bath & Body’s Marshmallow Fireside.
11. Favorite Christmas Tradition: I have a few! You can read all about them here.
12. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags: Both. My Grandad was the king of wrapping presents perfectly. I should have paid more attention when he tried to teach me how to get those perfect folds.
13. Favorite Christmas Book: The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. This book is also an animated movie, but I can’t get through it without bawling my face off.
14. Real or Artifical Tree: Artifical. All 3 of them LOL.
15. The Best Gift You Have Given: Gosh, I have no idea. I can’t really remember what everyone got for gifts last year, never mind years ago. Chris seems to be loving his early Birthday/ Christmas gift of a foot massager from this year.
16. Hardest Person To Buy For: the opposite answer for question #9.
17. Post a Picture Of An Old Christmas Card: I don’t have any!
18. When Do You Open Gifts: Christmas Day.
19. Favorite Stocking Stuffer: I love giving travel size beauty products for stockings. Chocolate is always a hit. I’ve received some really random knick knacks over the years that have proved to be pretty useful.
20. Favorite Christmas Meal: Turkey, potatoes, carrots, ALL THE GRAVY, Brussel sprouts, and roasted root veggies.
21. Do You Have To Travel For The Holidays: This year we are traveling for Christmas to see my in-laws and my sister and her husband.
22. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate: Hot Chocolate, but specifically from Bread Milk and Honey (in Lethbridge). They make their hot chocolate from Lindt Chocolate and steamed milk. You can get it milk, dark or white chocolate. I swear it will change your life.
23. Your Christmas Plans This Year: see question #21.
24. Favorite Christmas Eve Tradition: Watching a Christmas movie and playing games with family.