Once again, I am linking up with Amanda’s ” Thinking Out Loud”. Basically this link up is a way to write with no rules. You can read Amanda’s post on the concept here and You can read my first TOL post here.
1. I came across this awesome piece that talks about trying to live life according to Pinterest. Pinterest is a great resource for everything from DIY projects to recipes to how to clean your house. But it also has this deep dark hole of over staged homes that are impossible realistically live in.
2…..But then I got curious . To be honest, I didn’t even know Pinterest had a popular page. Following the idea of article, I picked a few things off the popular page to see what my to-do list would look like :
- How to make potato flakes from scratch >> WHY? what are these even used for?
- Paleo Sex in a Pan>> 5 Layers of chocolatey goodness. Hell yah!
- 52 weeks to an organized home >> I actually signed up for this newsletter. Who knows if I will be able to stick to it ( especially after the little one gets here).
- Christmas nail art >> Pass
- This outfit >>
3. I went for my second 3D ultrasound this week to see little miss . The first time we went, the tech wasn’t able to get a good profile photo of her face because she had her hands in the way. The tech offered us a complimentary rescan to see if could get a better image. Success!
Baby K was very active and gave a glimpse of what she looks like. She definitely resembled Chris in certain angles.
4. This past weekend, we surprised my Mother in Law with a weekend getaway for her 50th birthday. Dawn is the kind of women who does everything for everyone for everyone else ( especially for her family). We wanted to treat her to a weekend to relax and put her feet up. Dawn and her husband will be taking a trip to Canmore to stay at our favorite hotel, the
Dawn and her husband are going to enjoy a stay in at our favorite hotel, the Solara Resort. ( you can read about our trip to this resort here). Along with the hotel, we also included a gift card for the Banff Grizzly House for a night of fondue fun.
5. Are you guys patrolling the internet for Black Friday Deals as much as I am? My favorites websites to watch are BestBuy (I’m eyeballing a glider), Chapters ( 40% off home decor), Toys R Us , Joe Fresh ( for their Daily Deals), Old Navy ( 50 % off almost everything!), Sephora ( awesome daily deals) and a few local vendors. Have you guys found any good deals?
6. I’ve been having a heck of a time getting a replacement for my Canadian Citizenship Card. The whole mess started when I tried to change my name on my SIN card. I was told that even though I have a valid Canadian Passport and have been living in Canada for over 20 years, without this card, I’m out of luck.
So off I went and sent away my application and copies of ALL the ID I own.
Expected processing time : FIVE MONTHS.
* If you read my post last week, you know that Chris ended up finding my missing citizenship card at the bottom on a box in the basement. Sigh.
To my surprise, I received a package from the government last week. I was so excited!!!.. until this:
E L I Z A B E E TH
Nope. Pretty sure it’s spelled: Elizabeth. How they got the last name right but the middle name wrong is beyond me. Back to the post office to resend all of my info along with a letter with the letters WTF at the top ( no, not really, but I wanted to).
Bye for now!