1. Last Friday, we went to the twilight performance of the Lethbridge Airshow. My friend Tasha scored us VIP tickets so we joined her + kids for some food in the VIP tent before taking in the show. I love the airshow, something about the insanely loud jets that gets me pumped every single time.
I completely understand why they did a Friday performance this year instead of doing the usual Saturday/Sunday all day show. The sunset was a beautiful backdrop for the show.
The show ended around 9:30- 10pm. We sat in the parking lot in traffic for ever. We got home at 11:30… for real.
2. On Saturday, I took my mom, sister and a few girlfriends for round two of wedding dress shopping. I started dress shopping a couple of weekends ago when camping plans fell through and we took a sporadic trip to Calgary. Even though I think I might have found my dress that day ( oops!), I still hadn’t bought anything so I kept my appointment in town. My friend wonderful friend, Robyn 🙂 took photos of all the dresses and I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw them. It seems as though I’m going to have to work on hiding my true feelings a little bit better:
…. Needless to say, I did not find my dress.
3. Summer is here which only means one thing.. BIG BROTHER. This happens every year, a single show takes over my whole life and I can’t even be mad about it.
4. We had a great Summer BBQ last weekend with friends. I don’t have any photos because I was too busy eating all the food. You’ll just have to take my word that it was a good time. Annual Summer BBQ? I think so.
5. I HAVE MONDAY OFF!!! It’s been about a decade since I actually had a Canadian Holiday off. I’m used to having to work Canadian Holidays and get U.S Holidays off. I’m so excited to have a long weekend with the rest of the population!! Have I mentioned I love my new job?!??
We are spending the weekend camping, soaking up the sun and getting some good mountain air.
Five Recipes You Should Make
These are some of the recipes I have found online ,made and highly recommend.
* note: the photos are not mine*
1. I have made this more than a handful of times and it is always a hit
Chicken Parmesan and sun-dried Tomato Chicken
2. I used to believe that I hated avocado… and then I tried it. Now I can’t get enough of it. I left out the cilantro as Chris is one of those people who has intolerance for it.
Salmon with Avocado
3. FISH TACOS!!!I am addicted to these. Yes, there are a lot of steps involved but I swear it’s worth it. I don’t make the mango salsa. Instead, serve with cabbage and avocado slices
4. This is my favorite Summer dish. It’s light , easy and fresh. I substituted the barley with couscous
5. One of my goals for the Summer was to try nail BBQ chicken without drying it out. This is my go to BBQ chicken:
Have a great weekend!!